First Iberoamerican Circus Festival
The first edition of FIRCO
It was held in collaboration with the Teatro Circo Price in Madrid of the 19 al 21 October 2018. They met him 16 art proposals selected among 23 Latin American countries, to compete and showcase their new creations before a jury of international prestige.
This edition had the support of the Iberescena aid from the Ministry of Culture and Sports. further, It is recognized by the SEGIB (Secretariat General Iberoamericana).
There was a great response from the public over 2500 spectators who filled the Teatro Circo Price in Madrid.
In this issue we find
They had the opportunity to represent their numbers of different circus disciplines before a specialized international jury:
In addition galas were enlivened by the host Inma Cuevas, Nata Galkina as guest artist and musicians Navel orquestina.
Some times during FIRCO 2018
The 8 selected by the expert jury who performed at the Grand Gala Final numbers were:
- Aime Morales (Venezuela, Cyr wheel)
- duo Vitalys (Peru, hand to hand)
- Laos duo (Argentina, acrodúo)
- Duo2Filles (Brazil / Portugal, aerial picture)
- Hermes Pompa (Cuba, aerial mast)
- DanyZoo (Spain, vertical)
- duo Réquiem (Colombia, straps)
- The Company groped (Spain, weighing machine)
The winning numbers in the first edition of the Iberoamerican Festival of Circus were:
- First prize (1500€): Aime Morales (Venezuela, Cyr wheel)
- Second prize (1000€): duo Vitalys (Peru, hand to hand)
- Third award (500€): Laos duo (Argentina, acrodúo)
- Audience Award (500€): Duo2Filles (Brazil / Portugal, aerial picture)
- Best Execution Award (500€) : Hermes Pompa (Cuba, aerial mast)
- Circuba prize for originality: Sofía Speratti (Argentina, vertical)
- Premio «Cirque du Soleil award for innovative artistic vision and performance»: duo Réquiem (Colombia, straps)
- Revelation Artist award: Hermes Pompa (Cuba, aerial mast)