2º Iberoamerican Circus Festival
The second edition of FIRCO
It was held in collaboration with the Teatro Circo Price in Madrid of the 25 al 27 October 2019. They met him 16 art proposals selected among 23 Latin American countries, to compete and showcase their new creations before a jury of international prestige. This edition had the support of the Iberescena aid from the Ministry of Culture and Sports and the City of Madrid
There was a great response from the public over 2800 spectators who filled the Teatro Circo Price in Madrid.
In this issue we find
250+Requests to participate sent from the 23 Latin American countries
25Participants in the 16 selected proposals.
In addition galas were enlivened by the host Inma Cuevas, Nata Galkina as guest artist and musicians Navel orquestina.
They had the opportunity to represent their numbers of different circus disciplines before a specialized international jury:
Some times during FIRCO 2019
The 8 selected by the expert jury who performed at the Grand Gala Final numbers were:
- Marco Motta (Air belts – Brazil)
- Diego Hall (Aerial screens - Brazil)
- Alba Moncayo (Hair suspension – Mexico)
- Javier Bertero (Mazas - Argentina)
- duo Angeles (Acrobatic skates – Cuba)
- Duo Cardio (Hanger – Uruguay/Mexico)
- not Pineapple (Hand manoPortugal)
- Cie Soralino (Maniputación boxes / Brazil)
The winning numbers in the first edition of the Iberoamerican Festival of Circus were:
- First prize (1500€): Cie Soralino (Box handling – Brazil)
- Second prize (1000€): Diego Hall (Aerial screens - Brazil)
- Third award (500€): Marco Motta (airlines tape- Brazil)
- Audience Award (500€): Diego Hall (Aerial screens - Brazil)
- Circontinentes Prize (500€): Alba Moncayo (Hair suspension – Mexico)
- Best Staging Award: Carola Serrano (Trapeze – Argentina)
- Circuba award: Alba Moncayo (Hair suspension – Mexico)
- Premio «Cirque du Soleil award for innovative artistic vision and performance»: The Company Kirn (Acrobatics and icaros games – France)
- CircusTalk Critic’s Choice Award: Marco Motta (Aerial straps and contortion – Brazil).